Lynwoods in the Medical Sector
2017 is off to a great start, with construction work starting on site this week on a medical centre refurbishment project in the North West that Lynwoods has been procuring for a number of months. We were approached in 2016 by a local group practice to assist in bringing their ideas for the building to life. The vacant property presented an ideal opportunity for the practice to take possession of a purpose-built property, and together with the refurbishment works, to create a fully flexible and future-proof building that will enable the practice to focus on their core services through the coming decades. As we have demonstrated in the past, this is a perfect illustration of the benefits of closely linking business and property strategy.
The services that we are providing are as follows:
- Initial feasibility appraisal of the building and condition assessment
- Budget analysis and project cost forecasting
- Refurbishment and alteration scheme design, including a new extension to the south wing to provide a greater number of more flexible consulting rooms, and tackling the outstanding repairs on the building
- Planning and building control applications and other statutory formalities
- Tendering, negotiating and awarding the contract to a local specialist contractor
- Full project management and contract administration services, including on-going cost monitoring
- Post-contract maintenance regime
We will be posting updates and news as we go along and look forward to the big opening day in the coming months !
If you are considering a similar project then please contact us for advice and we’ll be glad to offer our assistance.